Help us make a difference in the lives of children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders. If you’re a highly motivated person who wants to thrive in a high energy, research-based, educational environment, you will find that the Kansas City Autism Training Center is a great place to build your career and professional skills.
All of our teachers, regardless of previous experience, receive extensive training and learn to apply the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to teach children to acquire skills and maximize independence in the areas of communication, socialization, daily living, play, academics, and reductions of repetitive and stereotypic behavior. As a teacher at the center you will be trained to competency and are expected to implement the full range of educational and behavioral programs individually designed for each student.
Working at the Kansas City Autism Training Center is challenging, and we seek out individuals who are highly motivated and committed to the discipline of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Why you will love working at Kansas City Autism Training Center:
- Full-Time (40 hours guaranteed) with a starting salary of $30,300.00 and an additional $1,200 bonus for a solid first year performance
- Paid travel time and mileage reimbursement
- Three paid week breaks (spring, summer, winter) and 6 paid holidays.
- Up to 6 days paid time off, following introductory period
- 40 hours per year of paid sick time, following introductory period
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available with a significant employer contribution
- Paid short-term/long-term disability, with limited life insurance provided
- 403(b) with a company match
In this position you will work directly with children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
- Applicants must be physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for a challenging career experience.
- Applicants must have their own transportation and are willing to drive to service locations.
- Applicants must have background and experience in behavior analysis or early childhood education.
- Applicants must have positive academic and employment references.
- Applicants must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with children and have experience or an interest in being trained in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Applicants are not required to have a Bachelor's degree, but it is preferred.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Completion of all role responsibilities which may include case management (depending on the position).
- Thorough knowledge and competent implementation of all student educational programs and behavior management procedures.
- Diligent implementation of all medical, safety, and emergency procedures.
- Successful completion of the KcATC training program.
How To Apply:
- Download the employment application (PDF)
- Send a resume and the completed application to:
Kansas City Autism Training Center
10842 McGee Street
Kansas City, MO 64114